Masonic Home of Georgia
The Masonic Home of Georgia is a 501c3 organization that works to provide an environment for youth to develop themselves – physically, mentally, and spiritually. Founded in 1903 by a Grand Master, Max Meyerhardt, the Masonic Home of Georgia continues to provide youth an environment in which they can succeed and develop to their full potential. The combination of caring adult supervision, a stable living situation, and opportunities to explore educational and career options help youth become responsible, well-rounded young men and women. The Masonic Home of Georgia is not an orphanage or simply a school but rather a residential child care facility that provides basic care to children in need. Residential child care is defined as the appropriate placement of children whose care cannot be provided in their own home or for whom group care is a positive alternative.
The Masonic Home of Georgia is a non-profit organization funded by the Masons of Georgia. Presently in Georgia there are over 390 Masonic lodges with over 30,000 members. Since its founding, the Home has served over 2,100 children in need from the State of Georgia. Located on 650 acres in Macon, “the Heart of Georgia”, this ideal location is easily accessible to all of Georgia. Macon is a community of approximately 155,000 residents and is 85 miles southeast of Atlanta. The Macon area is a thriving southern community with a rich historical and musical heritage. For more information about the Macon community see www.maconga.org
The Executive Director of the Home works closely with the Masonic Home of Georgia Board of Trustees and will carry out the organization’s mission, policies, and initiatives as established by the Board and/or the Grand Lodge. Additionally, the Executive Director will work with the Grand Lodge, Grand Lodge officers, Grand Treasurer, Grand Secretary, Lodges, individual members, and Grand Lodge Committees. The Executive Director is the official representative of the Home and the administrative leader of all programs and organizational activities including programming, business management, and fundraising. In addition to working with the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director will work closely with supporters and donors to build the financial stability of the organization.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Masonic Home of Georgia and directly supervises all activities of the Home, its programs, staff, and facilities. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Trustees.
As the key management leader of the Home, the Executive Director will have the responsibility to ensure that all functions and responsibilities are focused on the organization’s mission: “To provide an environment for youth to develop themselves – physically, mentally and spiritually”.
- Board of Trustees Relationships - Works collaboratively with the Board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Financial Performance - Develops and manages sufficient resources to ensure the financial health of the Home.
- Fundraising – Develops and implements a comprehensive fundraising program to generate financial support for the Home. Works collaboratively with the Grand Lodge Development Committee and Endowment Fund.
- Organization Mission and Strategy - Works with the Board and staff to create a Strategic Plan that will result in measurable progress toward the Home’s mission.
- Organization Operations – Develops and implements appropriate programs to ensure that the operations of the Home meet the mission and expectations of the Board of Trustees including the completion of employee evaluations.
Professional Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
The following list of qualifications and characteristics are required for this position.
- Strong interpersonal skills – proven ability to build and maintain critical relationships with youth, family members, staff, members of the Board of Trustees, donors, Grand Lodge, Grand Lodge officers, Grand Treasurer, Grand Secretary, Lodges, individual members, and Grand Lodge Committees.
- Impeccable integrity, ability to conduct one’s self with honesty and humility in all settings.
- Ability to lead and support all Masonic Home of Georgia staff.
- Ability to provide thought leadership, vision, and inspiration in fulfilling the mission of the Masonic Home of Georgia.
- Outstanding communication skills – written and verbal
- Demonstrated passion for improving the lives of youth through prior successful leadership experience.
- Ability to provide strategic input and guidance to the Home’s Board of Trustees and staff.
- Proven ability to build and implement a comprehensive fundraising program with special emphasis on building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing donors, Grand Lodge Development Committee and Endowment Fund.
- Excellent organizational and team management skills, including planning and program development.
- Budgeting, accounting and financial management experience.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with State and Federal agencies that regulate, license or oversee child care facilities including the Masonic Home of Georgia.
Preferred Education and Experience
Minimum 5 years previous executive leadership experience in not-for-profit human service organization is required, preferably residential program experience. Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred. Note: Candidates do not need to be a Mason to apply.
The salary for the Masonic Home of Georgia Executive Director position will be commensurate with education and experience. The position comes with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, vacation sick/personal leave and paid holidays.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
The Masonic Home of Georgia is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The search for the Masonic Home of Georgia Executive Director is being conducted by The Moran Company. For more information regarding this position, please contact Jon Rosell, Senior Search Consultant, The Moran Company: jon (at) morancompany.com.