Chief Development Officer
Chief Development Officer
Human Development Foundation
(US Office based in the Chicago area)
The Human Development Foundation was launched by a group of visionary Pakistani Americans in 1997 as a gift to Pakistan on the 50th anniversary of its Independence. This group of transformational leaders has deep roots in Pakistan and is passionate about human development and poverty eradication. Twenty-five years later, their quest for positive social change remains at the forefront, and HDF works tirelessly to relieve human suffering and uplift communities.
From this small beginning, HDF has grown to provide programming in all four provinces of Pakistan and has reached over 3 million with holistic programming that helps create lasting change.
The Mission of HDF is to facilitate a non-political movement for positive social change and community empowerment through mass literacy, enhanced quality of education, universal primary healthcare and grassroots economic development.
The Chief Development Officer is the key management leader of the US-based HDF team and is responsible for overseeing a staff of 3. The position is based in the Chicago area. The Chief Development Officer is primarily responsible for strategizing, planning, and implementing a coordinated program of fundraising activities at HDF including social media & digital marketing. The responsibility includes identifying, cultivating, and soliciting donors; overseeing networks and fundraising events; community outreach; and marketing management. The Chief Development Officer reports to the Managing Director, a member of the Board. The position will consist of approximately 25% travel.
- Develop a comprehensive yearly fundraising plan to engage current sources of revenue and develop new sources of revenue.
- Maintain and manage the brand across all communications.
- Define KPI’s for reporting donor metrics.
- Ensure compliance with standards for internal donor management.
- Work with the gift processing team to assess and implement improvements to existing backend processes, procedures, and vendors (including credit card and EFT processing).
- Develop marketing strategy geared at HDF activities awareness and undertake marketing management for the targeted deliverables.
- Responsible for HDF website management including content, layout, & messages updates. Ensure integrity of brand and ensure creation/delivery of newsletters, annual program updates, program fact sheets, newsletter, as well as all collateral materials including event literature, marketing packets for campaigns, announcements, brochures, TV and print ads, documentary, and exhibit display boards.
- Community Outreach and Partner Relations
- Develop and implement plans for community outreach including by not limited to universities, masjids, small businesses, etc.
- Maintain existing relationships and develop new strategic relations.
- Create a structured process for the identification, recruitment, evaluation, recognition, and replacement of volunteers in order to strengthen the organization’s effectiveness
- Empower and support volunteers by providing orientation, training, and specific job descriptions to enhance the volunteers' effectiveness
Skills and Qualifications
Minimum of 5-10 years of full-time professional experience in fundraising ideally with an NGO or non-profit setup. Knowledge of and proven ability to develop, test, and implement effective digital fundraising strategies. Must have experience with CRM and fundraising products/platforms. Familiarity with South Asian culture is preferred.
The salary for the HDF Chief Development Officer position is a range of $100,000- $120,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position comes with a benefits package that includes health insurance reimbursement up to $3,000, a 403b retirement plan, vacation sick/personal leave, and paid holidays.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
The Human Development Foundation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of HDF to apply recruiting, hiring, promotion, compensation and professional development practices without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, military discharge status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected group. Further, HDF strives to reasonably accommodate persons with mental or physical disabilities, as long as such accommodation does not cause HDF undue hardship.
The search for the Human Development Foundation Chief Development Officer is being conducted by The Moran Company. To apply for this position, submit a resume and cover letter to John Gravley, The Moran Company. Within your cover letter or resume, please be sure to provide a description of your qualifications related to the Position Summary and “ideal candidate” traits.